Early detection is important because when cancer is found early, it may be easier to treat. By the time symptoms appear, cancer may have begun to spread and may more challenging to treat. A common frustration is that we find cancer when it has already spread or the tumor is too big for surgery.
In this vlog Dr Sue gives you her tips, which tests we should do, how often, things we can do to find cancer earlier, including:
✅ Blood tests and urine – can they detect cancer
✅ Veterinary visits
✅ Weight checks
✅ Lump and bump exams
✅ Cancer screening with chest X-rays and ultrasound
✅ Top 10 warning signs of cancer
⭐️ Bonus ⭐️ Dr Sue reviews the top cancers in dog and cats.
✅ RECOMMENDED VLOGS & LINKS ✅
• Looking for a consultation with Dr Sue (this is for veterinarians)? https://fiduvet.com/
• Looking for a specialist (cancer specialist or other)? https://vetspecialists.com/
• Where are my dog’s lymph nodes?: https://youtu.be/sQTn4BfqlCg
• Why is My Pet Losing Weight?: Vlog 96 https://youtu.be/gB6cG6ei4gc
• Does This Urine Test Replace Invasive Biopsy For Transitional Cell Carcinoma In Dogs?: Vlog 110 https://youtu.be/L2_B66ZXH28
• Top 10 Warning Signs of Cancer in Dogs and Cats: Vlog 81 https://youtu.be/8FTYXmhwYXk
• Top 10 Warning Signs of Cancer in Dogs and Cats Part 2: Vlog 82 https://youtu.be/w8vJMxsxOas
• Things You Need to Know Before Your Appointment with a Specialist: VLOG 76 https://youtu.be/rdUakIiR06w
• How To Record Voice Memos: Vlog 77 https://youtu.be/QYq53S7EPZU
• What To Do When Your Pet Gets Cancer VLOG 78: https://youtu.be/2-XhxnXqttA
• How to Detect Cancer Early in Dogs and Cats: VLOG 73: https://youtu.be/1fHwHAUFgC8
⭐️Here are some more helpful links⭐️
• Skin maps https://drsuecancervet.com/skin-maps/
• Get your calipers here https://shop.drsuecancervet.com/
Use code ⭐️ DRSUE2020⭐️ for 15% off
• FAQ ABOUT CHEMOTHERAPY IN PETS Handout: https://drsuecancervet.com/wp-content/uploads/chemo-2.pdf
• HELPING A PET THROUGH CHEMO AT HOME Handout: https://drsuecancervet.com/wp-content/uploads/helping-pets-through-chemo_V2.pdf
• FAQ ABOUT METRONOMIC CHEMOTHERAPY: https://drsuecancervet.com/wp-content/uploads/veterinary_handout_metronomic_chemo.pdf
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DrSueCancerVet/
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/drsuecancervet/
⭐️ If you have any recommendations or suggestions, please leave us a comment. Dr Sue is also on Instagram and Facebook, so or visit Dr Sue there and send us a message! We’d love to hear from you!
⭐️ Make sure you SUBSCRIBE to this channel and check out all our videos, tips, and information to #KickCancersButt!
⭐️ Now please SHARE this video with your friends and family and give us a THUMBS UP if you liked the video! Thanks for watching! xoxo